Saturday, July 11, 2020

Guv. Lacson Says Suspension Of LSIs Return Respite For NegOcc

Spotlight

STI: Staying Education-Ready In The New Normal

STI is committed to face the challenges brought by the new normal of education, and at the same time, prioritize the needs and safety of its students.

SM Foundation Donates Masks And Face Shields To Cebu Hospitals And Quarantine Centers

SM Foundation donated KN95 masks, 3-ply masks, and face shields worth PHP2.5 million to Cebu hospitals and quarantine centers. Thank you, SM!

Francisco Motors Debunks Accusations That Modern PUVs Increase COVID-19 Transmission

"What worsens virus transmission are incompetence of vehicle personnel, complacency of those in-charge of the vehicles and negligence of passengers."

EDC-Sponsored Testing Facility To Enhance COVID-19 Resiliency In Ormoc, Nearby Provinces

EDC has partnered with the city government of Ormoc for the creation of a molecular diagnostic center that will level up the transcription of COVID-19 swab samples.



Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson welcomed the move of the National Task Force Against Covid-19 to suspend the return of locally-stranded individuals to Negros Occidental for two weeks, beginning June 27.

Lacson said it will provide a respite to the province since all its quarantine facilities are already full and the people in-charge of accommodating the returning Negrenses also need a break.

“We should be happy that we were given two weeks because the quarantine facilities are already overwhelmed and even the personnel on the ground who have to receive them and move them from one quarantine area to another, these people are also tired. It will be a good rest,” Lacson said in an interview on Monday.

He added that during the said period, the provincial government will be able to decongest and disinfect the quarantine facilities and be ready to receive the LSIs once again after two weeks.

“For sure, this is a big help. It’s not only our province, but also the whole Region 8 and the rest of Region 6 because this has been the clamor of the LGUs (local government units),” the governor said.

Lacson acknowledged though that even after Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, chairperson of National Task Force Against Covid-19, announced the suspension of the return of LSIs, many Negrenses still appealed that they be allowed to come home.

On Wednesday last week, the provincial government suspended the entry of its own residents coming from the neighboring province of Cebu, whose capital city has the highest coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases in the country.

Lacson said aside from quarantine facilities being full, the province also wants to avoid more positive cases coming from Cebu and Metro Manila.

As of Monday, Negros Occidental already has 83 confirmed cases of Covid-19, most of whom are LSIs and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who traveled from Metro Manila and Cebu.

In a statement on Monday, Lorenzana said Negros Occidental and Iloilo requested a temporary halt in the repatriation because large numbers of LSIs are from the said localities, and their capacity to receive these people is being pushed to the limit.

The two-week suspension will enable the task force to establish a better procedure to ensure that returning residents are Covid-19-free as well as help LGUs improve their response to the health crisis, he added. (PNA)




[fbcomments width=”1000″]

Latest News

895 Indigents Get P6.73-M Medical Aid

Almost 900 eligible indigent beneficiaries nationwide recieve medical assistance from the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO).

STI: Staying Education-Ready In The New Normal

STI is committed to face the challenges brought by the new normal of education, and at the same time, prioritize the needs and safety of its students.

Usec. Vega Urges Cebu City Hospitals To Expand COVID-19 Spaces

According to Vega, a 300-bed capacity private hospital that allocates only 10 percent or 30 COVID-19 beds should have increased it to 90 beds representing 30 percent of the entire capacity of the facility.

Baloran Tests Newly-Installed 7 Disaster Warning Systems In Davao City

The newly-installed Public Alert and Warning System Project would warn Dabawenyos if a weather disturbance or an approaching natural calamity occurs.

DFA: 30 New Covid-19 Cases Among Filipinos Abroad Reported

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) reported 30 more infections among overseas Filipinos in the Asia Pacific, Europe, and Africa, raising the COVID-19 cases to 8,792.

Spox. Roque: ‘Build, Build, Build’ Important To Revive PH Economy

Gaano nga ba ka-importante ang 'Build Build Build' para sa pagbangon ng ekonomiya ng bansa?

Spox. Roque: COVID-19 Spike Seen Due To Expanded Testing

“Habang napapaigting natin ang ating testing, siyempre po, mas maraming tao nate-testing, mas marami tayong nakikitang may COVID-19."

Palao-ay: 66% Of Cordillera Learners Enrolled For SY 2020-2021

Mahigit kalahati sa inaasahang mag-aaral ng Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) ang enrolled na para sa nalalapit na pasukan.

PH Embassy: Aussie Employers Eye Hiring Of Pinoy Welders, Agri Workers

Balak mo bang mag-abroad? Heto na ang pagkakataon mo!

So: Mindanao Hogs To Address Pork Shortage In Luzon

Samahan ng Industriya at Agrikultura (SINAG) chairman Rosendo So said the shortage of live-weight or fresh supply of hogs in Luzon could be addressed by the continuous supply from hog raisers in Mindanao.