Thursday, February 22, 2024

57 Avail Of ‘Balik Probinsya’ Voyage From Cebu To Mindanao

Spotlight

Medical Experts Recommend Strict Health Protocols For Public Transportation

Medical experts are calling for strict health protocols among commuters to be able to increase the public transport capacity which is currently operating on...

Commuters Call For Increase Of Seating Capacity On Public Utility Vehicles, Urges DOH To Release Data Breakdown To Stop Undue Worry

In cities with a limited number of public transport vehicles plying the road, the commuting sector is asking government to consider increasing jeepney’s seating...

Clean Air Philippines Movement Inc. (CAPMI) Releases Statement On Social Distancing

The Clean Air Philippines Movement Inc. (CAPMI) releases statement on social distancing on mass transport. According to CAPMI, in order to reduce physical distancing inside...

24K Jeepney, Tricycle, and UV Express Drivers Receive Food Packs From SM Foundation

Over 24,000 drivers were given relief goods from the SM Foundation.



After two months of being locked down due to stringent quarantine protocols, all the 57 stranded individuals have been sent home to Mindanao on Sunday through the national government’s “Balik Probinsya” program.

The offices of Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, Senator Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go and Presidential Assistant for the Visayas Michael Lloyd Dino organized the repatriation in an effort to reunite locally stranded individuals with their families.

Staff members from the offices of the three officials led in Sunday’s repatriation of the stranded individuals on board the Super Shuttle Ro-Ro 10 bound for Cagayan de Oro at Ouano Wharf in Mandaue City.

They are expected to arrive in their respective destinations on Monday afternoon.

Assistant Secretary Jonji Gonzales of the Office of the Presidential Assistant for the Visayas (OPAV) said the stranded individuals include students who are taking reviews and blind massage therapists who had been working here, but decided to return home after they were affected by the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in Cebu.

Of the 57 stranded persons, 51 are from Davao, one from Samal, Davao del Norte, two from Kidapawan, Cotabato and three from Cagayan de Oro.

Gonzales told the PNA that Dino and Go’s offices prepared the necessary documents for the travel of the stranded individuals from Mindanao.

The regional Joint Task Force CV Shield issued the travel authority for the 57 individuals, while the Department of Health (DOH)-Central Visayas provided them certifications stating they are coronavirus negative, he said.

All of the 57 were tested negative in the rapid diagnostic test conducted by the DOH-7 last May 16.

Gonzales thanked the cooperation of Philippine Coast Guard, the Maritime Industry Authority, the Department of Social Welfare and Development in Central Visayas, the Philippine National Police, the DOH, and the local governments of Cebu, Mandaue, Lapu-Lapu and Minglanilla for helping them in sending off the stranded people.

“This is our response to the program of President Rodrigo Duterte and Senator Bong Go under the Balik Probinsiya program,” he said.

DSWD-7 regional director Rebecca Gaemala on Sunday distributed PHP5,000 cash assistance to 24 individuals before boarding the vessel.

“It’s a joint effort. We distributed the financial assistance for the 24 strandees who are joining with 33 others in going home to Mindanao,” Geamala said.

Super Shuttle Ferry carried all the 57 passengers for free, Gonzales said. (PNA)




[fbcomments width=”1000″]

Latest News

Medical Experts Recommend Strict Health Protocols For Public Transportation

Medical experts are calling for strict health protocols among commuters to be able to increase the public transport capacity which is currently operating on...

Commuters Call For Increase Of Seating Capacity On Public Utility Vehicles, Urges DOH To Release Data Breakdown To Stop Undue Worry

In cities with a limited number of public transport vehicles plying the road, the commuting sector is asking government to consider increasing jeepney’s seating...

Clean Air Philippines Movement Inc. (CAPMI) Releases Statement On Social Distancing

The Clean Air Philippines Movement Inc. (CAPMI) releases statement on social distancing on mass transport. According to CAPMI, in order to reduce physical distancing inside...

Gov’t Reminds Filipino Healthcare Workers Of Deployment Ban

The national government is reminding Filipino healthcare workers of a temporary deployment ban in the wake of the public health emergency caused by the...

Plans Need Harmonized Response Up To Local Level: Galvez

The second phase of the government's national action plan (NAP) against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic seeks to ensure smooth crisis response from the...

‘Strict’ Enforcement Of Localized Lockdowns In GCQ Zones Ordered

Despite the further relaxation of quarantine rules nationwide, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) has ordered the “strict”...

No More Extension Of Moratorium For LSI, ROFs

The city government will no longer extend the requested moratorium on the arrival of locally stranded individuals (LSIs) and returning overseas Filipinos (ROFs) coming...

24K Jeepney, Tricycle, and UV Express Drivers Receive Food Packs From SM Foundation

Over 24,000 drivers were given relief goods from the SM Foundation.

SM Foundation Allocates Ventilators To Hospitals With High COVID-19 Cases

SM Foundation donates 25 ICU-grade ventilators to hospitals with high COVID-19 cases across the country, as part of its continuing pandemic response.