Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Andanar on Friday confirmed that he underwent a test for the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) after his exposure to an infected employee from his office.
In an interview with dzRH, Andanar said he and some 49 PCOO personnel got tested for Covid-19 after one of the employees from the Office of Global Media and Public Affairs, which is under his office, caught the disease.
“Meron pong isang active pero ito po ay sa ilalim ng (There is one active case from) Office of Global Media [and] Public Affairs,” he said.
Andanar said results of his Covid-19 test would be released either on Saturday or Sunday, or two to three days after he had himself tested for the new coronavirus. He expressed hope that he would test negative for Covid-19.
“Nagpa-swab ako kahapon. Doon malalaman ko, hopefully, within 48 or 72 hours. Sana naman ay negative (I underwent swab test yesterday. Hopefully, I will get the results within 48 or 72 hours. I hope the results will be negative),” Andanar said.
So far, three PCOO employees have tested positive for Covid-19, Andanar said.
As of Friday morning, one of the PCOO employees died of Covid-19 while two others are still undergoing treatment, Andanar said.
Andanar said work operations at the New Executive Building (NEB) at Malacañan Palace remain suspended after PCOO employees tested positive for Covid-19.
“Hindi pwedeng mag-kumpiyansa (We cannot be complacent),” Andanar said.
On Tuesday, Andanar ensured that information dissemination on all matters of governance will be unhampered despite ongoing disinfection at NEB that houses PCOO.
Andanar also said other employees from PCOO’s attached agencies have also contracted Covid-19.
He said one employee from Apo Production Unit died due to Covid-19 while the other one is currently ill.
He added that two employees from the Philippine Information Agency, one employee from PTV-4, and two employees from Radio Television-Malacañang have also acquired the Covid-19. (PNA)