Celebrating eight years of partnership with Globe Platinum, Art in the Park is back this Aug 10-17, but this time fully virtual. Art in the Park gives local up and coming local artists a venue to showcase their work to patrons and collectors who will browse through hundreds of works arranged by galleries and can purchase artworks directly from the website.
By participating in this virtual art event, Platinum customers and other buyers get the chance to not only bring home great local art pieces, but also support homegrown artists, as well as raise funds for the Museum Foundation of the Philippines.
To make the launch of Art In The Park Online even more special, Globe Platinum has prepared a series of activities to honor local artists and delight customers who will participate in the event.
Globe Platinum Hour
Every day at 5 p.m from August 10-17, Art in the Park Online with its live programs and insightful videos will feature an artist. Spectators will be given a rare glimpse into the process of the creation of the artist’ works.
Below is the schedule of events:
● August 10 – Richard Quebral “Isometric Ay! Lah, lah land…” Video 1
● August 11 – Robert Alejandro “Let’s Paint Crazy Faces” Workshop
● August 12 – Richard Quebral ““Isometric Ay! Lah, lah land…” Video 2
● August 13 – Robert Alejandro “Let’s Paint Crazy Monsters” Workshop
● August 14 – Reena Gabriel Feature Video
● August 14 – Richard Quebral “Isometric Ay! Lah, lah land…” Video 3
● August 15 – Robert Alejandro Live Portrait Session
● August 16 – Richard Quebral: 1 Big Painting Auction
● August 17 – Closing – Marti Franca Acoustic Performance
1. Painter Richard Quebral’s special exhibit called “Isometric Ay! lah, lah, land…” will be featured in a series of videos focused on his colorful, comical works and his art-making process. An auction of Quebral’s “1 Big Painting” will take place during the Globe Platinum Hour on August 16.
2. Robert Alejandro, an award-winning graphic artist, an illustrator, a painter, a crafter― best known to be one of the pillars of Filipino arts and crafts shop Papemelroti, will be conducting art workshops for kids. This includes “Let’s Paint Crazy Faces”, “Let’s Paint Crazy Monsters”, and a live portrait session.
3. Reena Gabriel’s artistic video of how she created her elaborate and elegant watercolor artworks will also be shown. Gabriel’s journey started with pointed pen calligraphy that blossomed into brush and watercolor calligraphy and artworks.
Globe Platinum Collection
A curated catalog of unique and beautifully crafted pieces from Robert Alejandro and Reena Gabriel. The artworks included here are timeless expressions of their vision and talent, making each piece a worthy addition to anyone’s personal collection.
This special collection is exclusively available to Platinum customers via a passcode. Platinum customers may ask Thea, Globe Platinum’s Digital Assistant, at globe.co/thea-gp, to get a copy of the passcode.
Globe Platinum Off-the-menu treat
Created by Casa Mercedes, the oldest fan maker in the Philippines, this whimsical chinoiserie inspired fan was specially and exclusively designed by artist Reena Gabriel for Globe Platinum customers.
All Globe Platinum customers that will purchase artworks from any of the catalogs and galleries available on the Art in the Park webpage will be entitled to this exclusive treat simply by entering their Platinum Mobile number on the cart page before checking out.
View more details about Art in The Park Online at www.artinthepark.ph. To know more about Globe Platinum, you may visit www.globe.com.ph/platinum.