The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will allow 1,943 additional traditional Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) to ply 17 routes in Metro Manila roads starting Wednesday, July 29.
Per Memorandum Circular (MC) 2020-029, traditional PUJs with routes indicated in the MC can ply their existing routes with NO SPECIAL PERMIT NECESSARY starting 29 July 2020.
In lieu of the Special Permit, a corresponding QR Code shall be issued to the operator prior to operation, which must be printed in an 8.5” x 11” paper (short bond paper size) and displayed in the PUJ. The operator may secure their QR Code by downloading it from the LTFRB website at www.ltfrb.gov.ph starting tomorrow, 28 July 2020, at 3:00pm.
The existing fare matrix of P9.00 for the first (4) kilometers and P1.50 for succeeding kilometer(s) shall be followed. Operators are reminded that no fare adjustment shall be applied unless approved by the Board.
As part of the requirements to operate, Traditional PUJs should also be currently registered roadworthy with the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and with valid Personal Passenger Insurance Policy.
Operators are also required to comply with safety measures prescribed by the Inter-Agency Task for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) before, during, and after operations, such as checking of body temperature, wearing of face mask/shield and gloves at all times, and operating at a maximum of 50% capacity.
Only the following routes indicated in MC 2020-029 as Annex A will be operational:
• T106 MCU – Sangandaan
• T109 Novaliches – Rizal Ave. via A. Bonifacio
• T111 Tandang Sora – Visayas Ave. via Quezon City Hall
• T112 Monumento – Paco, Obando via M.H. Del Pilar
• T114 Quirino Highway – Sta. Lucia
• T203 Crame – Cubao via Murphy
• T204 Crame – Q. Mart via P Tuazon, E. Garcia
• T214 SSS Village, Marikina – Cubao, Quezon City
• T215 Parang,Marikina – Marikina (TP) via Fortune
• T216 Guadalupe (ABC) – Taguig via Tipas
• T217 Calumpang – Cubao via P. Tuazon
• T304 Ayala – Guadalupe (Ibabaw) via JP Rizal
• T337 Libertad, Pasay – Pasay Rd.
• T341 Paco – Sta.Mesa Rtda via Nagtahan
• T342 Pier South – Sta. Ana via P. Faura
• T345 Navotas – Recto via Heroes Del 96
• T346 Gate 5 – Greenhills Shopping Center Loop
Failure to comply with the conditions set forth by the Board will incur penalties from imposition of fines to cancellation or suspension of the Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC) or Provisional Authority (PA).